The issue of the “Norton Antivirus program won’t open” occurs due to an incomplete installation of the antivirus. Sometimes this issue may occur due to outdated antivirus versions. So, follow the below-given steps in order to resolve this issue.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix Norton Antivirus Program Won’t Open Issue
Method 1. Download And Run The Norton Remove And Reinstall Tool
In case, if you have Norton software installed, uninstall before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- First and foremost, download the Norton Reinstall and Removal tool from Norton’s official website.
- After that, save the file to the Windows desktop.
- On the other hand, on some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default.
- Thereafter, to open the Downloads window in your browser, press Ctrl + J key altogether from your keyboard.
- Subsequently, double-click on the “NrnR” icon.
- Afterwards, read the terms and conditions of the license agreement carefully. If you agree to all the terms and conditions, click on the “Agree” tab at the bottom of the page.
- Next, click on the “Remove and Reinstall” option.
- Now, click the “Continue” or “remove” tab according to the option provided by your browser.
- Finally, click on the “Restart Now” tab.
Method 2. Solve The Error 3048,3
You might face an error of 3048,3 when there is a problem to download the latest version of Norton Antivirus.
- First of all, open the Norton software on your device. In case, if you see the My Norton window, next to Device and Security, click “Open”.
- Thereafter, in the main window, double-click on the “Security” option.
- In the next window, you need to click on the “LiveUpdate” option. You can get this option at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you have to wait until the initial scan is complete.
- Once the Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click on the “Ok” button.
- Next, a message “Your Norton Product has the latest protection updates” will appear on your screen. Then, you have to run the “LiveUpdate”.
- At last, restart your computer.
Method 3. Clean The Junk Files From The System
- First of all, you need to click on the “Start” button at the bottom left side of the desktop screen.
- Thereafter, you need to type “command” in the search box.
- After that, you need to press Ctrl and Shift key altogether. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Next, if prompted by the user account control for permission, click on the “Yes” tab.
- As a result, the Administrator Command Prompt window will appear on your screen.
- Here you have to type “cleanmgr” and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- After that, the Disk Cleanup starts scanning your system and detects how much disk space is occupied. In short, the Disk Cleanup dialogue box appears with a series of checkboxes.
- Now, you have to check the boxes which you wish to clean.
- Finally, click on the “Ok” button.
In this way, you can easily resolve the issue by closely following the above-mentioned procedure. Now, you can give yourself some rest by using the most feasible software “Norton Antivirus”.