Norton is known for providing excellent user experience by simplifying its setup and management procedures. In continuation of this trend, it ensures that the setup process is kept as short as possible. As a result, it does away with the Norton Activate process. In other words, your subscription is activated automatically at the time of downloading. However, due to any reason, if Norton Activate fails. Then, users can manually activate their product by following the given instructions.
How to Activate Norton
By Using A Product Key
This is the most convenient method for accomplishing the Norton Activate procedure. However, you should follow this method only if you have an active “Product Key”.
- To begin with, you should locate the Norton Application installed on your computer. Its location will depend upon your OS. Hence, if you have a Windows device. Then, look at the “System Tray”. It is located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Here, you will find a Norton icon. However, in case if the Norton icon is not there. Then, you should click on the little Triangle icon. This “Show The Hidden Icons” option will expand the “System Tray”. As a result, the Norton icon will become visible.
- Now, you should “Launch” it by double-clicking the Norton icon. However, in case if you see the “My Norton” window. Then, click on “Open” to proceed for Norton Activate.
- As a result, you will get the “Main” window of the Norton User Interface. Now, in order to proceed further, you must be logged in to your Norton account. However, in case if you are not logged in to your account. Then, it will prompt you to do the same. In other words, you should accurately enter your login credential. Then, click on “Sign In”.
- The following step for Norton Activate depends on your specific Norton application. In short, you should follow any one of the below-given instructions.
- In case if the Main window displays the button for Norton Activate. Then, click on the “Activate Now” button located at the very bottom of this window.
- Else, you should click on “Help” located at the top right-hand side of this window. Then, look under the “Account Information” section. Here, you should click on “Enter Product Key”.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you to “Enter Your Product Key” in the next window. Here, you should enter your “Product Key” accurately. Now, remember that your “Product Key” is a unique alphanumeric code of 25 characters. It appears in five groups of five characters each, separated by hyphens. If you have purchased Norton from its online store. Then, you will find the “Product Key” in your “Purchase Confirmation Email”. Otherwise, you can log in to your Norton account and find it. However, users who had purchased it from offline sources must check their product package. They can find it from a sticker on the back of the “Installation CD Case”.
- Finally, click “Next” to complete the Norton Activate process.
By Purchasing A Product Key
On the other hand, if you don’t have an active Product Key. Then, purchase a subscription plan to activate it.
- First of all, you should locate the Norton Application installed on your computer.
- Now, you should “Launch” it by double-clicking the Norton icon.
- As a result, you will get the “Main” window of the Norton User Interface. Here, it will prompt you to log in to your Norton account if you are not logged in to it yet. Hence, “Sign In” to it.
- Then, click on the “Activate Now” button. You will find it at the very bottom of this window.
- Consequently, its “Subscription” window will open up. As such, click on “Buy A Subscription”.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the “Norton Products” online page. Now, review the details of your purchase. Thereafter, click on “Buy Now” or “Subscribe Now”.
- Next, you should “Sign In” to your account if prompted.
- Then, provide your “Payment Details” and make the purchase.
- As the payment finishes, it will automatically complete the Norton Activate process.