Norton is a cyber threat protection software that offers the best security to your device and data from various threats. But, at times, you might face issues and errors while using the application. One of the common errors that users face is “Norton product encountered a problem and needed to close” and your Internet browser crashes. For a better Norton user experience, you should resolve the error quickly. For resolving the error, you have to follow the processes given below.
Run LiveUpdate Application
Norton LiveUpdate is an application that works silently, every hour, to check whether your protection is up to date or not. If required, then it will automatically download and install the updates on your device. This helps you to keep your computer safe and secure by keeping its protection up to date. In order to resolve the Norton Product Error, you can try running the automatic LiveUpdate. For this, follow the steps given below.
- Start the process by opening your Norton application.
- In the main window, click the “Settings” option. You will get this option on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, from the Norton Settings options, tap the “Automatic LiveUpdate” option from the right-hand panel of the window.
This will turn the LiveUpdate on. Now, all the security updates will install automatically. In case you don’t want to turn on the automatic LiveUpdate, you can do this manually also. For manual installing the LiveUpdate, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, open the Norton application by double-clicking its icon.
- Then, click the Security tab from the main window.
- Now, from the extended list, select the “LiveUpdate” option.
- This will start installing the available updates.
By running LiveUpdate, you will be able to resolve the norton product error. But, in case, the error is still not resolved, then you have to try running the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.
Run Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- First of all, download the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool from the Norton Support page. Once the application gets downloaded you have to install the application.
- Now, open the Downloads folder on your device.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file of Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.
- If prompted, then, click the “Run” tab to start the application.
- You might also get, User Account Control prompt. This is to ask you to allow the application to make the necessary changes. For allowing, click the “Yes” tab.
- Further, the Norton License Agreement window will display. Read the whole agreement carefully and accept it by clicking the “Agree” tab.
- In the next window, Norton will ask you to allow the application to remove the already installed software and to install the latest version. Allow the application by clicking the “Remove & Reinstall” tab.
- Now, in the popup box that appears, click the “Continue” button.
- This will start uninstalling and reinstalling process.
- Once the process gets completed, a popup box appears, asking you to Restart your device. Click the “Restart Now” option to complete the uninstallation process.
- After the computer restart, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Norton Reinstallation process.